Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

May 21, 2013

In My Absence

Hey all, just wanted to let yas know I've been on vacation since May 10th, not returning to work until the 27th and haven't been on the computer a whole lot. I will have a few tales to tell in the coming weeks with some awesome photos to share. In the meantime, In My Absence, enjoy these pics from earlier this month with what I've seen until next time.

Cheers!

Played peek-a-boo with a Raccoon in the middle of nowhere one morning.


Seems I played a little peek-a-boo with some young Great Horned Owls another morning.


Looks like an Eastern Screech Owl and I also played a bit of peek-a-boo too! A Robin told me where he was hiding out. I ended bringing home a tick on my leg after this adventure. I was not happy about that. Gross little suckers.


We had some excitement the other week when this male Rose-breasted Grosbeak showed up in the backyard. The first one we've seen in two years! There must've been a wave of them as I knew four other people to happen to have them at their feeders about the GTA on the very same day.


We don't see our resident Chipmunk as often as we would like, not sure where he goes, but we always enjoy his visits. I posted this shot on Facebook and Twitter asking people to caption this picture. Do you have a caption for it? Please add it in the comments section below. I'd love to read it.


We had the treat of spotting this young Bald Eagle hanging out on the Toronto Islands recently. Seems the male Red-winged Blackbird wasn't too happy and layed a smack down on the Eagle, kinda like a David and Goliath theme here. The Eagle just looked at the RWBB like "what is your problem?" I always say that you gotta respect those Red-wings, they don't care how big you are, or what you are, they will defend their territory against anyone/anything.


And lastly, Beggar is still hoping for a forever home. I learned some neighbours call him "Smudge". He takes refuge in our ornamental grass, sleeping the sunny afternoons away, without a care in the world. He's such a cutie lovey cat that deserves a better life than one on the streets.


Well, that's all for now. Be seeing yas soon! Thanks for stopping in (comments are always welcomed). Cheers!

No comments: