Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

April 17, 2009

Community Clean-Up Days...




So, I blog about the mess of a wetlands area not too far from me the other day and lo-and-behold this coming Saturday appears to be "Community Clean-Up Day" about the city.

I know I don't watch television, I don't read much in way of newspapers so a guy like me can be left in the dark about such an event. It's nice to see that such a thing exists, although I do recall it in previous years now that I think back. I guess I need some kinda advance notice?

It makes me wonder why this only happens once a year? Why not twice a year? Why not once for every season? Why not more people just NOT litter?

So, while I am not organized to get a group together and tackle an area; I plan on making an extra effort to pick up some trash here and there about my journeys over the next few days. I've got some latex shop gloves ready because who knows what I am going to find.



In a city this big, it will feel like a losing battle to try and make a dent; but in the end, I will know every little bit counts. Perhaps curious on-lookers will take it all in and continue where I left off?

Others have been doing this long before and for no reason other than to help keep their neighborhood or favorite park clean... they didn't need the city to tell them "This is 'Community Clean Up Day'... please help out". Kudos to them all...

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Community clean-up is a great idea! Next weekend they are doing Trinity Bellwoods Park.

DDolan said...

Rob, it is nice to see somebody who is interested in helping when most people just complain. Good for you.

DDolan